In our business, it’s common to hear that a good study starts with a good field. This obvious statement nonetheless takes on real meaning for online studies. Ways of recruiting from the access panels, frequency of panelist questioning and compensation mechanisms are very different and have an impact on the quality of data collected.
To have a good field, it is thus necessary to take the time to:
- Choose your panel service provider: the lowest bidder is often the least qualified in this specialty, which has become very industrialized with smaller and smaller margins
- Precisely define the sample variables to avoid introducing bias
- Apply quotas other than just socio-demographic ones
- Take the time to create the field: a field made in 48 hours is intrinsically biased
- Write the questionnaire while keeping in mind that it will be completed on line
- Anticipate the data processing phase in the choice of types of questions for future sorting
- Program the questionnaire using questions that are as interactive and amusing as possible: images, drag and drop, carrousel, hot spots, etc.
At AreYouNet, we have decided to program our studies:
- Internally, with our nine-member team
- In France
- On our market-leading platform
- With the help of specialists for the methodological aspects
- By using our ten years of accumulated expertise in online studies
For more information, you can call us at +33 1 57 42 42 42. We’ll be happy to demonstrate all the technical and methodological possibilities we offer.